Saturday, October 4, 2008

Treasured Friends

This evening, we had the chance to visit with very special friends we had in California, Glen and Marianne Roberts. Glen was our Bishop(poor guy) and Marianne a treasured discovery in a ward that often lacked. In their own way, they helped to shape us in ways they will never know. They came to town from Oregon, their new home. We enjoyed dinner and celebrating Kaitlin's birthday.

Visiting with them helped us to realize what a gift true friends are. People come into our lives at different times, for different purposes. Some stay, some move on. These two, like many of you, are keepers!

3 comments:

Deborah Moore said...

So because I'm nosey I have to ask, )well I don't have to but then the beginning of this sentence would have seemed a bit pointless) was he the bishop when you had the...ahem...interesting testimony meeting?
I hope i'm a keeper, I'm not a good midfielder. Ha, sorry soccer humor.

stanggang7 said...

Yes, he was THAT bishop! AND YES>>>YOU ARE A KEEPER!!!!

L said...

I want details on this, cause I'm even nosier!