Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Christmas morning at Camp Stanggang was a mixture of gasps, giggles, and flying gift wrap! The sea of garbage created in under 5 minutes was amazing! Everyone enjoyed themselves. In the aftermath, the adults have lazed around the house watching movies and napping while the younger set has joyfully bounced from one thing to the next like ADD cases on speed! We are enjoying the beauty of a white Christmas, and looking forward to a very yummy Christmas dinner.





Cookies for Santa and a diet Dr. Pepper for Santa and Carrots for the reindeer!

This years bounty before the kids woke up!


Kloe's bike and gifts from Santa!


Jacob's bike and gift's from Santa!
Jacob got a helpicopter from Santa!

Kloe on her new bike!
Jacob on his new bike!

Kaitlin was excited to get a new IPOD!
Jared checked out his video camera while the other kids investigate new treasures!
Kloe loves her new dog in a carrier! (The perfect pet!)
Jacob LOVES his helicopter!
The aftermath!

5 comments:

Deborah Moore said...

Bless you for your photo of the aftermath. Our kitchen table looked like a recycle bin had exploded all over it. And it's just the three of us, although the dogs did get gifts. So I guess they count too.

The CEO said...

How fun. Merry Christmas. I love the pics. I really appreciate the Diet Dr. Pepper you left for Santa. I bet he totally appreciated that. MMMM! We Believe! Shanna

stanggang7 said...

Deborah, the sad thing is, the aftermath photo was taken after 5 30 gallon trash bags (stuffed to the gills I might add) were taken away! Pathetic! I can't believe the excess packaging material used these days! I think I found a great way to help combat global warming! Maybe we could convince Mattel that screwing in toys and sewing Barbie's hair into the packaging isn't necessary either! Oh how I can dream sometimes!

Deborah Moore said...

Wouldn't that be a blessing. I actually was giddy when I opened a fisher price toy for River. No wires, no tape, just a box and two easy to remove (and recyclable plastic screws. (sort of like a screw, but you twist it with your hand and voila off it comes)

I'm actually thinking of sewing my own bags next year and putting presents in those. Cut down on mess and there's the renewable happy environment part too. Although I'd still wrap presents for River and my nieces and nephews. Kids have to rip apart gifts, tis the season!

CJ said...

Absolutely love your blog and all the pictures. You have truly done an amazing job of it.

Miss Grammie living next door.

Happy New Year!
Connie