Friday, January 9, 2009

Our New Year's Trip to California

San Diego is such a great and ecclectic city. There is SO much to see and do that a one week trip is never enough to take it all in. Our family has too many favorites. Most of our time this trip was spent visiting those people near and dear to us that we love and miss VERY much. However, no trip to California can be counted complete without seeing the ocean. Thankfully, we checked it off our list when we visited the USS Midway Aircrafter carrier museum on San Diego Bay. Next trip we hope to go to LaJolla cove and the Children's pool. Here are a few pictures from our trip. Some people didn't get captured by my lense this trip, but I WILL get them next time! (AKA Nana, Gram, Billy and Alicia, Toni and the Segina's!)
The Coronado Bridge and the San Diego skyline are two things I love to see! They remind me of my college days downtown. Horton Plaza is a sea side mall right near this point! I LOVE hanging out there!

A day in the life of a San Diegan is always complete on the bay. The sites and sounds are one of a kind! (So is the food! Can you say FRESH shrimp!)
This is our nephew Kaden! He is 2 days older than the twins! They all had a great time playing together and touring the USS Midway. Kaden loves planes so much I didn't get many pictures of him. He was on the run!
Jonah enjoyed touring the bridge of the USS Midway. Seeing how our military lives onboard ship was amazing. I could never live in close quarters like that. I'd go nuts! (Or even more so LOL!)
Jared enjoyed San Diego Bay. The ocean is one of the hardest things to leave behind when we moved!
Kayleigh, Tiffany, and Kaitlin posed with the worker cutouts onboard the USS Midway!
We went to the USS Midway museum on San Diego Bay. Kaitlin and Kloe hung out with Jennifer. (Kaitlin's BFF and Tiffany's big sister!)
Kayleigh is in LOVE with wild cats of ALL kinds. She was excited to see this real one in our hotel lobby!
We had a great time feeding the ducks at a pond near Toni's house. Over the summer the kids caught a HUGE toad there, but we had no such luck this day!
The kids had SO much fun just hanging out with their friends! Kayleigh and Tiffany (her Cali BFF) were inseperable the entire week!
Jonah had a great time holding and playing with his cousin Lucas! Baby Luke really liked him!!!
Niklas avoided me like the plague anytime I was holding a camera! He is my BFF Toni's oldest Son! (Kayleigh decided she would marry him someday when they were both 4!)
Alexander is Toni's middle son. I think he should have been named Casanova! Seriously, this kid is such a lover! He must of given me 1000 hugs a day, and he is ALWAYS flirting w/ the girls!
Liam (Toni's youngest) and the twins are only 2 1/2 months apart in age. They had so much fun!
Kloe loved the water water at tubby time! I think she may have even won, but don't tell Liam!
Toni's macaw Romeo is family to us as well. He loves our daughter Kami (pictured with Jon) as much as he loves Toni! Maybe it's because they look so much alike!

2 comments:

The CEO said...

FUN, FUN, FUN! We are sooo jealous. What a little piece of heaven. Shanna and Brent

Deborah Moore said...

You are hilarious. I love your subtle and witty comments! Awesome pictures and as far as getting more pics I say let the games begin...does that even make sense? Meh, who knows