Monday, November 24, 2008

More Thanks

Since I was away for the weekend, I have not posted things I am thankful for the past couple of days so today will be a mega post of sorts!

1. I am thankful for my freezer meal group! We each make one recipe and freeze enough meals to distribute them to each member of our group. We meet once a month and switch! I can't tell you how much stress this relieves on busy days. I just chose something the night before (if I remember) and put it in the fridge. Then bake it for dinner. If I forget, I just double the cook time. Between this and my crockpot, my life is SO much simplier! It's also fun to try other people's recipes!

2. I am thankful for quick get-aways. We were able to go to Bear Lake this weekend and it reminded me of how important it is to just check out and recharge. Even a quick overnight trip 2 hours away can feel like a vacation!

3. I am thankful for my church calling! (I wasn't when I got it!) It has helping me to grow and have a greater capacity to love. I have also learned to delegate better. (This has NEVER been my strong point!) I LOVE the women I serve with and ALL the children we serve.

4. I am thankful for books. I love to read. I love the face that I can learn about cool new things or escape into the lives of others with a book! My ability to read these great books is a gift I am very thankful for.

5. I am thankful for my new van. Winning this van has been a blessing beyond measure! I am having SO much fun with it. It is great to be able to feel safe driving a few hours away, and knowing I can afford to pay for the gas!

6. I am thankful for naps. Mainly for the twins, but for me too! They are few and far between, making a nap a sacred thing!

7. I am thankful for modern plumbing. Firstly because I am lazy and don't like being cold! The very thought of running outside in the cold to use an outhouse makes me quiver! Secondly, because Jon is a plumber and this modern blessing creates more work for him. This blessing allows me to be at home with our children!

8. I am thankful for music. From church hymns that invite the spirit to some good solid rock, there's nothing like music to change the tone of what you are doing! Housework gets done so much faster when I'm rocking out, and it seems a lot more fun too! If it's a Sunday morning and the kids are fighting, I pop in a primary CD, and presto, no more fighting! Music...it's a good thing!

9. I am thankful for my computer! This modern machine has made life SO easy! I can look up anything from a recipe to pictures of my friends in seconds! I LOVE IT!

No comments: